Mr. Smith graduated from Appalachian State University in 2002 with a degree in Mathematics, Secondary Education. He started his career teaching math at Crest High School in Shelby, NC and Cary High School in Cary, NC. After graduating from Campbell University in 2011, Mr. Smith transitioned to the role of Intervention Coordinator and Summer School Coordinator at Cary High School for three years. He later transitioned to the role of an Assistant Principal at Cary High School in March 2015. Mr. Smith is excited to embark on this journey with the Trailblazer family. Since starting here the end of May in 2017, he has enjoyed seeing the staff caring for the students, the students loving learning, and parents that enjoy supporting both their students and the staff. Banks Road Elementary School is truly a special place to be.
1. Every student is uniquely capable and deserves to be challenged and engaged in relevant, rigorous, and meaningful learning every day
2. Every student is expected to learn, grow, and succeed while we will eliminate the ability to predict achievement based on socioeconomic status, race, and ethnicity.
3. Well-supported, highly effective, and dedicated principals, teachers, and staff are essential to success for all students.
4. The Board of Education, Superintendent, and all staff, while sustaining best practices, will promote and support a culture of continuous improvement, risk-taking, and innovation that results in a high-performing organization focused on student achievement.
5. The Board of Education, Superintendent, and all staff value a diverse school community that is inviting, respectful, inclusive, flexible, and supportive.
6. The Wake County residents value a strong public school system and will partner to provide the support and resources to fully realize our shared vision, accomplish the mission, and sustain our core beliefs.