At North Forest Pines Elementary, students SOAR. Students Show Self Control, Operate Safely, Act Responsibly, and Respect Others.
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM PTA General Mtg With 4th Graders' Recorder Concert
8:30 AM - 9:30 AM Tracks 2 & 3 5th Grade Soaring Up Ceremony
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Track 4 5th Grade Soaring Up Ceremony
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Lost & Found Will Be Cleaned Out
5:00 PM - 6:30 PM Meet the Teacher/Open House for tracks 1,2,3
5:00 PM - 6:30 PM Meet the Teacher / Open House for Track 4
May 30, 2017
Hello Falcon Families,
This is Nanette Lavery, principal of North Forest Pines Elementary. I hope each of you had an enjoyable holiday weekend. I have just a few reminders as we get closer to the end of the 2016-2017 school year.
* Pre-ordered yearbooks will be sent home with students tomorrow, May 31. If you missed the pre-orders there will be yearbooks on sale in the lobby tomorrow, May 31 and Thursday, June 1 from 7:15 to 7:45 in addition to next Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. The cost is $20. Our PTA will be happy to take cash or check. If you choose to pay by check, please make it out to NFP PTA. Other days will be announced when track 2 returns.
* Our PTA Facebook page is a great way to check on dates and upcoming events.
* Our next NFP Spirit Night is Saturday, June 10 from 5:15 to 7:00 pm at Jelly Beans. The cost is $10 per person. Come enjoy the time with other falcons and support our school.
Now there are just a couple of carpool reminders:
* During carpool, cars parked on the side opposite the playground field will be able to leave the area. Cars parked nearest the field will need to wait until carpool is over to leave the carpool area. This is for the safety of all of our falcon families.
* All falcon families who choose to carpool should be in line to pick up no later than 2:30. Dismissal is at 2:15 and we begin loading our students at 2:20. As we have become more proficient in double stacking, we are finishing carpool by 2:35 -2:40. We will have the students who have not been picked up in the office area for you to sign out if you have not gotten to carpool for your number to be called during the carpool dismissal.
* We do want to thank all the parents for putting your cell phones down or turning them off during carpool. It does make a difference for the safety of all of us.
Looking forward to a wonderful few days with our track 1 falcons and the next few weeks with our tracks 2, 3, and 4 falcons.
Until next time...keep soaring!!
Our Adult Evening Education program now offers a variety of certificate programs and classes online.
Some students are talking about the miniseries "13 Reasons Why," dealing with a student's death by suicide. We do not recommend that your student watch the series. However, if you choose to watch it, here is some helpful information for healthy discussion about it.