BALLENTINE ELEMENTARY GLOW-Gram: Kindergarten Families (7/14/2017)
Happy New Year to the Class of 2030! We look forward to greeting our Tracks 1, 2 & 3 Kindergarten students for their first FULL DAY on Monday, July 17th & on Monday, August 7th for Track 4 Kindergarten students.
Here a few helpful tips for your first week of school:
- On the Monday of your child's first FULL day of class, parents/guardians may walk their child to class, hug & go…after Monday, our Fireflies will be flying solo down the hall, so come take a stroll with your child on their first day in kindergarten.
- We will have 4th/5th graders available to help our kindergarten students find their way to class during their first few days “flying solo.” Our 4th/5th graders look forward to being Firefly Friends to your child!
- Please check your child’s cafeteria account or send money or /breakfast and/or lunch with them on Monday.
- School lunch menus can be found at http://www.wcpss.net/domain/1047
- With a MySchool Bucks account paying for school meals is easy. Go to MySchoolBucks.comor call (855) 832-5226 to enroll. You'll need your child's NCWISE ID number, available in your registration materials or at your school. Once your account is established you may:
- Securely deposit funds to your child's account
- Check balances
- Set spending limits and diet restrictions
- If your child is going to be riding a school bus this year, please make sure they ride the bus the first week so the driver will know to keep them on their route. Otherwise, you may lose your seat on the bus.
- After the first day of school, all students being brought to school in a car, should be dropped off in the carpool line, not dropped off in the parking lot or walked in by a parent.
- Any changes in afternoon transportation should be sent in with a written note; phone calls & emails are not acceptable ways to communication these changes. Emails and phone calls are not accepted because teacher could be absent and/or not have time to check email before dismissal time, and we cannot safely validate your identify on the phone. Thank you for helping us keep your child safe.
- Make sure your child is wearing closed toed shoes daily so they can participate safely in recess & PE activities.
- Help your child get a good night’s rest on the Sunday night. They will have a fun and action packed first week, and we want everyone on full GLOW.
Our school’s theme this year is, “At Ballentine Elementary, we GLOW & Grow every day!” We look forward to helping ALL of our students make strong academic growth throughout 2017-18!
Kim Short, principal
- PTA Communication Site | https://bes.memberhub.com/join/drd1px (You do NOT have to be a PTA member to join. However, after you sign up, you can also join PTA from this site. Win-win!)
- July 17 | 6:00-7:00, PTA General Meeting; please join us.